Warehouse Supervisor - Rocky View, AB
The Warehouse Supervisor assists the warehouse management team in coordinating warehouse operations. Supervises, trains and develops warehouse staff in order to meet current and future needs.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the supervision, planning and control of a warehouse department, enforcing company policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensures the efficient movement of materials throughout the warehouse, including the efficient flow of all receipts and orders.
- Sets goals and priorities for the work team to ensure accurate, efficient and timely task completion.
- Coordinates work activities with other supervisors, actively building relationships across functions.
- Communicates with other internal departments to plan and control warehouse activities in relation to company programs and goals.
- Ensures the on-time shipment of orders via the most economical and efficient means of transportation, with a daily goal of zero carry over.
- Ensures all outbound shipments are properly packaged, labeled, marked and placarded.
- Ensures all shipping containers meet or exceed all Transportation Regulations.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate and current warehouse inventory records.
- Assists in the oversight of the necessary functions which control these inventories.
- Advises management of problems, requesting guidance and counsel as appropriate.
- Recommends solutions to warehouse operational problems.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of Standard Work Instructions.
- Identifies opportunities for long-term improvements.
- Ensures the work team understands and supports the focus on operational excellence.
- Mentors and coaches the work team in their decision-making efforts.
- Builds alignment of the work team by brainstorming to provide solutions to operational problems.
- Encourages participation, effectively listening to the work team and explaining difficult issues.
- Supervises warehouse employees in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws, including: training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints; and resolving problems in accordance with the guidelines set forth by company management.
- Trains and develops employees, maintaining accurate and timely records of all training.
- Provides input into the succession-planning process.
- Updates and maintains employee records including attendance, production, error, and safety.
- Trains and enforces strict compliance of WCB regulations as they apply to warehouse operations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all safety guidelines and regulations, especially those related to the handling and storage of hazardous materials, both domestic and international.
- Promotes quality and accuracy standards in all warehouse functions.
- Assists with the creation, enforcement, and achievement of Production and Quality Standards.
- Promotes the efficient utilization of warehouse space, equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the warehouse equipment is used and maintained in an efficient and safe manner.
- Works within budgetary/ financial objectives set by warehouse management.
- Assists with and performs miscellaneous projects as assigned by the Warehouse Manager or Assistant Manager .
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Subject to Criminal Background Checks and must have clean record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as effective listening skills.
- Able to lead and influence others to achieve the business objectives. Able to lead department meetings to provide feedback, goals and operational updates.
- Able to think strategically and make fact-based decisions in a timely manner with limited information and a rapid assimilation of the facts.
- Able to analyze data with an operational understanding to identify, prevent, and solve problems.
- Able to create and interpret production reports to discover trends.
- Able to multi-task, coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
- Computer skills with a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Warehouse Management System (WMS)/ Transportation Management System (TMS) knowledge a plus.
The Bolt Supply House is your one-stop destination, in providing only the highest quality fasteners, industrial and safety products to companies and individuals throughout Western Canada. The Bolt Supply House Ltd was founded in 1948 by a local Calgary, Alberta couple and operated as a small family business supplying nuts and bolts in Calgary and area until 1962 when we opened our first branch in Regina, Saskatchewan. Since 1962 we have added another 12 locations for a total of 14 locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba.
The Bolt Supply House is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Please email your resumes to Johnrey Umapas: firstname.lastname@example.org