Accounting Coordinator - Addition
The Accounting Coordinator will be part of the Finance, Accounting & Administrative team and one of the initial points of contacts for internal and external stakeholders. The Accounting Coordinator will be a part of a newly developing Finance & Accounting department and integral in exploring and engaging in new processes to support the company.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the performance of a variety of duties categorized by either financial or administrative support including data entry and preparing deposits;
- Entry, filing and scanning for accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Providing customers with invoices and taking credit card payments;
- Assist with administrative overflow from other departments as needed;
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department;
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records;
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements;
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner;
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database;
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel;
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies;
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas;
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws;
- Constantly update job knowledge;
- Participate in the monthly / quarterly / annual close processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Finance preferred;
- Subject to Criminal Background Checks and must have clean record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
- Moderate excel skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Able to perform business math (basic algebra, ratios, etc)
- Strong analytical skill with an attention for details and demonstrate inquisitiveness
- Highly motivated and operate with a sense of urgency to complete responsibilities under limited supervision
- Effective listening and good phone skills
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Manage time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Knowledge of basic accounting combined with computer skills
The Bolt Supply House is your one-stop destination, in providing only the highest quality fasteners, industrial and safety products to companies and individuals throughout Western Canada. The Bolt Supply House Ltd was founded in 1948 by a local Calgary, Alberta couple and operated as a small family business supplying nuts and bolts in Calgary and area until 1962 when we opened our first branch in Regina, Saskatchewan. Since 1962 we have added another 12 locations for a total of 14 locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba.
The Bolt Supply House is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org