Buyer - Rocky View, AB
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Purchasing and Inventory activities for a Multi-location, Industrial Supply Distributor. This will include developing solid vendor relationships, aggressively managing inventory, reducing carrying costs and providing exceptional service and purchasing for all Branch locations.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Purchase product for designated product lines
- Manage vendors for performance and quality
- Manage slow and obsolete stock
- Help attain objectives and support company goals
- Special projects and investigations
- Review buying strategies and systems and recommend improvements
- Support for the vision, mission and values of the organization
Qualifications include the following:
- Post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management or Business
- PMAC/ SCMP training/certification would be an asset
- Two to three years Purchasing experience within industrial distribution environment preferred
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy environment, with minimal supervision
- Organized, and strong problem-solving abilities
The Bolt Supply House is your one-stop destination, in providing only the highest quality fasteners, industrial and safety products to companies and individuals throughout Western Canada. The Bolt Supply House Ltd was founded in 1948 by a local Calgary, Alberta couple and operated as a small family business supplying nuts and bolts in Calgary and area until 1962 when we opened our first branch in Regina, Saskatchewan. Since 1962 we have added another 12 locations for a total of 14 locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba.
The Bolt Supply House is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please send resumes to Johnrey Umapas: firstname.lastname@example.org